You know how we’re always hearing about the importance of omega-3 fatty acids in our own diets? Well, they are important for our pets too! Some of the same supplements we take to help keep us healthy will also work for your dogs and cats, such omega-3s for pets. Read on to find out more.
What are Omega-3s for Pets?
Omega-3s are known as fatty acids. We all need them – humans and our pets. Fatty acids are crucial to your dog and cat’s vitality. Here are some of the things that fatty acids play a key role in everyday in your pet’s body.
- Keeping a Shiny Healthy Looking Coat
- Important Source of Energy
- Keep Paw Pads Moisturized and Durable
- Help Transport Important Vitamins Throughout the Body
- Support Vision and Mental Clarity
Foods that Contain Omega-3s
A proper diet that includes omega 3s for pets is very important to help your animal live a long and healthy life. Many of the foods they eat naturally contain fatty acids, but you might want to consider adding an omega-3 supplement to your pet’s daily routine to ensure they’re getting everything they need. Look for these ingredients in your pet’s food that naturally contain fatty acids that are appropriate for animals.
- Chicken Eggs
In addition, adding fish oil to your pet’s food, or giving it to them via capsule is very important. Here are two that we trust that come in both options.
- Omega-3 Pet by Nordic Naturals – This is an example of a great high quality fish oil that you can pour over your pet’s food. It contains wild anchovy and sardine oil. Best of all, it’s good for dogs or cats!
- Omega-3 Pet Softgels for Dogs or for Cats (or small breed dogs) by Nordic Naturals – Some animals love the taste of fish oil, while others are more picky. If your dog or cat isn’t fond of the flavor, you might want to try fish oil softgels. Try giving them to your pet on their own, or hiding them inside a treat daily.
So, now you know the benefits of omega-3s for pets. Go live a long and healthy life with your best buddy!