Learn how to manage your eczema outbreaks.
When it comes to eczema outbreaks, getting your symptoms under control is a top priority. The burning and itching alone are enough to drive anyone crazy. So today we have some quick tips on how to manage your eczema outbreaks when they happen, and how to help prevent them from coming back again.
What is Eczema?
It’s not really clear what causes eczema outbreaks. Researchers believe they are triggered by an overactive immune response to something you’ve come in contact with, or in some cases, ingested. Symptoms of eczema outbreaks include:
- Dry, red patches of skin.
- Scaly patches of skin that may become thickened.
- Itching, which may be severe.
- Raised bumps which may puncture and crust over when repeatedly scratched.
What Causes Eczema Outbreaks?
The frustrating thing about eczema outbreaks is that it’s not always clear what triggers them. People with chronic eczema can get an idea about what sets them off through trial and error, but eczema outbreaks can sometimes pop up out of the blue. Here’s a list of the most common triggers that you should be aware of:
- Excessively Dry Skin (especially in the wintertime)
- Laundry Detergents
- Soaps and Household Cleaners
- Cigarette Smoke
- Certain Metals
- Perfumes and Other Fragrances
- Certain Fabrics
Managing Eczema Outbreaks
Eczema outbreaks can be frustrating and uncomfortable, but they can be managed, and even prevented in some cases. Take a look at the tips below to help find relief fast.
- Routinely Moisturize – Get into a habit of moisturizing your skin daily (at least). Start with a moisturizing soap or body wash in the shower, and immediately moisturize with a high quality body cream when you get out to lock in the moisture and prevent dry skin. Try Body Butter Organic Unscented by Dr. Mercola.
- Target Outbreaks Immediately – As soon as you feel an outbreak coming on, start targeting it with an eczema spot treatment such as Eczema Control by Forces of Nature. Not only will you see instant relief, but it will shorten the life of outbreak and perhaps even stop it from really getting started.
- Identify Triggers – Take note of the things that seem to trigger your eczema outbreaks, and try to avoid or eliminate them. Soaps and detergents can be swapped out for all-natural options, and allergens such as dust and pollen can be improved with more frequent cleanings. Certain foods, such as wheat, milk, eggs, or soy can also be triggers (especially in children), so talk to your doctor if you’ve noticed any outbreaks after eating these foods.
- Take Shorter Showers and Baths – Hot water dries out the skin, so bathing quicker could help avoid an eczema outbreak. Experts also recommend patting your skin dry with a towel instead of rubbing it, which could cause more irritation.
- Treat Eczema From the Inside – Remember, eczema outbreaks are a problem that starts from the inside, when an immune response (inflammation) is triggered by a substance you’ve come in contact with. Immune boosting ingestibles such as Dry Eczema drops by Professional Complementary Health Formulas that are placed under the tongue, or daily supplements such as this Eczema Pill by Loma Lux Laboratories can help stimulate the body’s own recovery response.
Eczema outbreaks can be managed if you learn to identify the warning signs and get proactive about treating them. Try these suggestions first and see if they help. If your outbreaks continue, or get more severe, talk to your doctor about what else may be contributing to your eczema. Good luck!
Find out why you should try practitioner brands.
You may not realize it, but not all vitamins and supplements are created equal. It’s true, supplements can be very beneficial to your health, but you should be careful about which brands you choose to not only spend your money on, but trust your health to. One easy way to make sure the supplements you are buying are top-quality is to look for practitioner brands, and we’re going to tell you why.
What are Practitioner Brands?
By choosing practitioner brands, you are guaranteed to receive pharmaceutical grade supplements that have been scientifically formulated to meet or exceed the highest levels of manufacturing. They are also tested thoroughly by independent laboratories to ensure that they meet quality standards for:
- Efficiency of absorption
- Labeling Transparency
How to Choose Supplements
Anyone who’s walked through the supplement aisle at the grocery store or pharmacy knows that there is no shortage of choices when it comes to supplement options. So, how do you know if the supplements you are choosing are practitioner brands? Well, you can start with the brand, and the retailer. Here are some of the top brands we stand behind and will always recommend to our customers when searching for high quality supplements:
- Pure Encapsulations – This is one of the practitioner brands that is a good choice for those suffering from food sensitivities and allergies. Pure Encapsulations’ products are sourced from trusted suppliers and undergo significant testing by independent laboratories to ensure supreme quality. All of its products are free of common allergens such as wheat, peanuts, eggs, gluten, artificial sweeteners and more, so you can feel good about what you’re taking.
- Nordic Naturals – This brand leads the pack in supreme quality fish oils and fatty acids. It’s not easy to make something like cod liver oil taste good, but somehow Nordic Naturals makes it work. It also gets points by offering a wide variety of consumption options, including liquid formulas to mix with food, easy to swallow softgels, and even children’s gummies!
- Thorne Research – This is a well-rounded health and wellness company that has been offering high-quality formulations for over 35 years. You can trust that all of its products have undergone extensive research and testing to meet the company’s industry leading high standards.
- Klaire Labs – This is another one of our recommended practitioner brands for those suffering from food allergies and other sensitivities. All of Klaire Labs’ supplements are hypoallergenic, as well as gluten and dairy free. It is also an industry leader in supplemental blends, such as this potent probiotic blend that is particularly helpful for those who are being treated with antibiotics.
- Integrative Therapeutics – This brand prides itself on being one of the very few FDA-approved supplement manufacturers. It is also a certified organic processor. This brand is a great choice if you’re searching for supplements to help with conditions, such as anxiety, stress, sleeplessness and more. You can trust that you will always be in good hands with this practitioner brand.
So, choosing high-quality, purely sourced supplements isn’t that hard after all. You just need to find the right practitioner brands and choose what you need. Take a look at the supplements all of our practitioner brands have to offer and get started toward a healthier you!
You can accomplish this anytime and anywhere. Force your stomach out and take a deep breath from your nose. This dose of oxygen will make you feel more alert, energized and happier. Also, it will act as a stress reducer.