Do you ever feel like you are constantly forgetting things? Maybe it seems like you are walking around in a fog, or you might walk into a room and completely forget what you came in there for? It happens to all of us from time to time, sometimes it’s just the day, other times there are things going on in our bodies that are affecting our memory function. Read ahead to learn about herbs for memory and other brain boosters!
4 Herbs for Memory Support
Our brains rely on certain vitamins and nutrients to work at their peak potential. If your brain isn’t getting what it needs daily, it makes sense that some functions may begin to slow down. Herbs for memory cannot only help you keep a clear head from day to day, but they can also help slow, and possibly even prevent the onset of cognitive diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Dementia. Take a look at the brain boosters below and start feeding your mind!
- Turmeric – This is one of the most powerful herbs for memory. Turmeric is highly beneficial, because it is a natural antioxidant as well as an inflammatory – two characteristics that are important for not only brain health, but whole body health. Turmeric can be taken either as a supplement, or eaten, as it’s the main ingredient in curry powder.
- Ginkgo Biloba – Another great herb for boosting cognitive function, ginkgo biloba works by increasing circulation and stimulating blood flow to the brain. For years,s people have also taken this herb as a natural remedy to treat depression. Some studies show it may help increase cognitive function for seniors suffering from Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of cognitive impairments.
- Gotu Kola – This is one of the herbs for memory that will help clear a foggy head and help improve mental clarity. More good news? Not only does it appear to be good for your mind, some studies show that gotu kola can also improve kidney and liver health, and help with skin problems.
- Ashwagandha – Not only have studies shown that ashwagandha can boost brain function, it’s also been known to help curb symptoms of anxiety and depression. Other potential benefits of this ancient herb are increased energy and improved concentration.
Brain Boosting Blends
You can take individual herbs for memory to treat particular symptoms, or try a proprietary blend to target several areas at once. There are several brain boosting blends to choose from. Here are some of our favorites from BrainMD.
- Brain and Body Power
- Attention Support
- Bright Minds Memory Powder
- Focus and Energy
- Brain and Body Power Max
What type of herbs for memory will you try?