Prostate health is extremely important for men, especially after the age of 40. Prostate issues are very common, in fact, 50% of all men show signs of an enlarged prostate by the age of 50. That’s a significant number, and it means you should be taking your prostate health seriously.
Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, or BPH, refers to the enlarging of the prostate gland as a man gets older. BPH can have some uncomfortable side effects, and also puts you at risk of developing more serious issues such as prostate cancer. Symptoms of BPH include:
- Needing to urinate often
- Your bladder allows feels full, even after urinating
- Trouble urinating
- Weak flow of urine or stopping and starting several times
Caring for Your Prostate Health
It’s not clear what causes BPH, except that it appears to happen as a man ages. There are things you can do to protect your prostate health and perhaps lessen your symptoms. These include:
- Not drinking anything two hours before bedtime
- Avoid stimulants such as caffeine and alcohol
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Eat a low-fat diet full of vegetables and fruit
- Get regular exercise
- Take a high-quality supplements to support prostate health
Supplements that Support Prostate Health
A healthy diet and regular exercise are extremely important to your prostate health, but sometimes you just don’t get everything you need from diet alone. That’s when supplements can really help. Here a list of supplements that can help improve prostate health and possibly lesson the symptoms of an enlarged prostate.
- Prostate Wellness by Bio Nutrition
- SP Ultimate by Pure Encapsulations
- Rye Grass
- Saw Palmetto
- Rye Pollen Extract
Talk to Your Doctor
Regular physicals are important to maintaining prostate health, and catching any issues as they arise. You should talk to your doctor if you are experiencing any symptoms of enlarged prostate such as trouble urinating, or the need to urinate often. Remember, it’s very common in men over 50, so take your prostate health seriously. Good luck!