Every day, researchers are learning new secrets about how to keep our skin looking fresh and youthful. Keeping the skin moisturized is key to keeping it looking and feeling plump and healthy, with fewer lines and wrinkles. Today, we’re going to tell you how hyaluronic acid can help you do that.
What is Hyaluronic Acid?
So, what is hyaluronic acid exactly? Well, it’s a sugar that occurs naturally in our bodies. Its primary function is to keep tissues in our eyes, skin, and joints well lubricated. As we age, we lose hyaluronic acid, and our skin becomes drier. The good news is that hyaluronic acid can be replaced through supplementation. The result is healthier-looking, hydrated skin.
There are several different ways you can supplement hyaluronic acid:
- Hyaluronic acid pills (like these from Klaire Labs)
- Creams and lotions (such as Hydrating Day Cream with Hyaluronic Acid by Derma-E)
- Serums (such as Skin Eternal Hyaluronic Serum by Source Naturals)
- Edible powders (such as Hydrolyzed Collagen Plus with Hyaluronic Acid by Douglas Labs)
Benefits of Hyaluronic Acid
So, what are the real benefits to using hyaluronic acid? There are actually many, some you might be surprised about!
- Moisturized Skin – We talked about this one already, but this is a major benefit to using hyaluronic acid. Studies show taking a daily dose can significantly improve your skin’s moisture, up to 96 percent! That’s incredible!
- Improve Your Skin’s Texture – If your skin feels rough when you touch it, hyaluronic acid could help. Many users report softer, smoother feeling skin with more elasticity.
- Soothes Dry Eyes – Hyaluronic acid is naturally found in your eyes, in fact it’s the substance that keeps them moist. Adding a supplement can drastically help you retain the moisture your eyes need to feel better and look clear and healthy.
- Helps Wounds Heal – Got a nasty cut on your hand? Hyaluronic acid might help it heal quicker. Hyaluronic acid acts as an anti-inflammatory and encourages the skin to regenerate faster, helping you to heal more quickly.
- Helps Relieve Eczema – If you suffer from eczema, studies show it’s worth giving hyaluronic acid a try.
- Helps Relieve Joint Pain – It doesn’t just add moisture to your skin, hyaluronic acid also helps lubricate your joints which can help relieve pain and improve your mobility. It’s also very helpful for people who suffer from osteoarthritis.
It shouldn’t take a lot to convince you to give hyaluronic acid a try, the skin benefits alone are worth a shot. What kinds of changes have you seen since adding these supplements to your daily routine? Tell us in the comments below!