By Susan Brown
Health & Wellness Editor
Recognized as a leader in science based products for health and nutrition, Pure Encapsulations is committed to providing the highest quality supplements in order to optimize long-term health. Pure Encapsulations formulates and manufactures researched-based, clinically relevant hypo-allergenic supplements. All professional strength products are manufactured in their own state-of-the-art plant located in Sudbury, Massachusetts. Raw materials are sourced worldwide and are selected solely on the basis of the quality and purity provided in their most bioavailable forms. Certified independent laboratories test all raw materials and finished products utilizing advanced techniques to ensure purity, potency and quality.
Pure Encapsulations’ hypo-allergenic supplements contain no added coatings, fillers, binders, excipients, or artificial colors, flavors or fragrance. Full disclosure label policies ensure that all ingredients, including raw material composition, true elemental mineral weight, and primary active marker compounds of standardized herbal extracts, are truthfully shown on the label.
If you are looking for pure, clinically proven nutritional supplements, look no further than Pure Encapsulations. These professional strength, very high quality products are available through healthcare professionals. Pure Encapsulations recommends they be used under the guidance of a qualified healthcare practitioner.
Five star rated customer favorites from Pure Encapsulations include:
Vitamin D3 5,000 IU provides support for bone health, calcium absorption, immune cell activity and healthy cell metabolism.
Magnesium (citrate) provides highly bioavailable magnesium chelate to support energy production, healthy bones, muscle function, cardiovascular health, and the metabolism and utilization of essential vitamins and minerals.
B Complex Plus contains an exceptional combination of B vitamins in their optimal bioavailable forms to support the nervous system, hemoglobin formation, hormone synthesis, energy metabolism and the integrity of internal organs.
Nutrient 950® provides optimal nutritional support for all bodily systems. This complete hypo-allergenic formula contains high-nutrient, bioavailable vitamins, minerals, trace elements and a high profile of antioxidants. This formula is well tolerated by sensitive individuals. Also available in a no iron formula.
Calcium (citrate) provides highly absorbable calcium to support bone, cardiovascular and colon health.
By Jacquie Eubanks BSN, RN
Vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients have the power to give skin a more radiant, healthy, and youthful appearance. Feeding your skin from the inside to meet its nutritional needs can make a difference in how your skin looks and feels. Health experts agree that vitamins and minerals play an essential role in a healthy complexion whether in the form of food, supplements, or beauty products. A balanced diet will improve skin health just as it improves overall health. The more healthy foods you consume, the better your skin will look. The reverse is true as well. When we don’t pay attention to a healthful diet and we starve our skin of nutrients, skin problems in the form of breakouts, chronic skin conditions, or signs of aging may result .
When combined with a good diet, the right dietary supplements can keep your skin looking younger and healthier. The American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) suggests the following vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that support and nourish skin health, whether taken in supplement form, applied directly to the skin, or obtained from the foods we eat.
- Vitamin A – Vitamin A is necessary for skin maintenance, including cell building and repair. Vitamin A is a nutrient proven to revitalize skin by increasing cell turnover, a biological process that replaces older skin cells. Considered one of the best vitamins for promoting healthy skin, vitamin A may help reduce signs of aging while preventing dry skin and acne. Vitamin A can be found in foods such as dairy products, eggs, leafy greens, and sweet potatoes, and in many skin lotions and creams as well.
- B Complex – Redness, irritation, dermatitis and pigmentation can all be signs of vitamin B deficiency. B vitamins are essential for healthy skin, hair and nails. Vitamin B12 aids in cell reproduction and skin renewal. B1 boosts circulation, which helps to give skin a healthy glow. Vitamin B3 boosts hydration, reduces redness, aids in supplying oxygen to the skin, and helps in preventing and improving acne, eczema, and sun damaged, aging skin. B vitamins can be found in shellfish, beef, cheese and eggs.
- Vitamin C – Considered an all-around anti-ager, vitamin C plays a vital role in maintaining the health of your skin. Vitamin C is key to the production of collagen, a protein that aids in the growth of cells and blood vessels and gives skin its firmness and strength. As an antioxidant, vitamin C aids in neutralizing free radicals, promotes skin repair and may help reduce damage from sun exposure. Citrus fruits, peppers and tomatoes are good sources of vitamin C. Vitamin C can also be found in many topical skin care products.
- Vitamin E – Vitamin E helps to keep skin smooth and may help prevent premature aging by reducing fine lines and wrinkles. This powerful antioxidant aids in skin tissue repair and helps to neutralize the damaging effects of free radicals from too much sun exposure. Vitamin E helps the skin retain its natural moisturizers, quelling dryness and keeping skin supple and healthy. Foods containing vitamin E include tofu, spinach, avocados and nuts.
- Probiotics – Widely known for their beneficial role in gut health, probiotics help maintain a healthy digestive system, which is critical for nutrient absorption. As more nutrients are digested and absorbed, your skin receives more vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that aid in the elimination of free radicals and toxins, which can damage and age skin. Research indicates that poor intestinal health can exacerbate skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis and acne.
- Omega- 3’s – Essential fatty acids are responsible for the cell membranes that act as barriers for harmful pathogens and as the passageway for nutrients and wastes. Cell membranes hold in water, which helps to keep skin plump and moist. Omega-3’s offer protection from inflammation, which can harm skin cells. The foods highest in omega-3 fatty acids include cold water fish, walnuts, canola oil, and flax seed.
- Water – A very basic part of any healthy diet, water is essential for skin health and beauty. Water flushes away toxins, brings nutrients to the cells and supports organ functioning. Well-hydrated cells are plump, which helps your skin look firmer and smoother.
OmegaGenics EPA-DHA 720 by Metagenics – This product features a highly concentrated source of health-promoting omega-3 essential fatty acids from cold-water fish. Each softgel provides a total of 720 mg of EPA and DHA.
PureProbiotic (Allergen Free) by Pure Encapsulations – Each capsule of PureProbiotic provides 5 billion CFU of Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus plantarum, Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Bifidobacterium lactis and Bifidobacterium breve.
Vitamin A 25,000 IU (A97) by Thorne Research – High potency vitamin A for maintaining healthy skin and immune system.
Posted in Health & Wellness, Health Tips
Tagged 000 IU, B Complex, Healthy skin, Omega- 3's, OmegaGenics EPA-DHA 720, probiotics, Professional Supplement Center, PureProbiotic, supplements, Vitamin A, Vitamin A 25, Vitamin C, vitamin E., vitamins