By Susan Brown
Health & Wellness Editor
Ayush Herbs® combines the ancient principles of Ayurvedic medicine with the latest scientific technology to formulate the highest quality herbal supplements and essential oils. All products are formulated by Ayurvedic and Naturopathic physicians utilizing herbs that are naturally grown, harvested and wild-crafted in their pristine Himalayan habitat. The products are manufactured in the U.S. using ingredients grown on their own farms and processed at their wholly-owned, state-of-the-art ISO and GMP certified facility in Nagrota Bagwan in Himachal Pradesh, India.
All production is overseen by a team of biotechnologists and physicians in temperature, humidity and dust controlled rooms to ensure that Ayush® provides fresh, safe, natural, unadulterated excellent quality products. All raw materials undergo testing for heavy metals and microbials before processing. Potency, label verification and efficacy is assured by third party independent testing of every formulation.
Amla Plex – Formulated with a proprietary blend of 38 selected ingredients, including spices and herbal extracts, this ancient Ayurvedic recipe provides powerful immune and antioxidant support. It is designed to promote vitality and to support all bodily systems. Amla Plex offers nutritional support for all ages and is considered both a rejuvenate and an adaptogen. No added ingredients or fillers.
Carditone® – One of our most popular producs from Ayush Herbs®, Carditone® is traditionally used to support blood pressure, kidney and cardiovascular health. No added ingredients or fillers.
Ashwagandha – One of the most highly regarded and widely used Ayurvedic herbs, Ashwagandha acts as an adaptogen to support the immune system and to nourish and strengthen the body. Used as a daily rasayana, Ashwagandha supports physical and mental health, healthy sexual function and healthy metabolism. No added ingredients or fillers.
Macuna Plus – Based on an ancient Ayurvedic recipe and designed to provide cognitive and nervous system support, this product contains a proprietary blend of standardized extracts of valerian, ashwagandha and centella asiatica. No added fillers or ingredients.
Curcumin 97% – This formula contains 97% pure curcuminoids to support a healthy inflammatory and metabolic response and to provide important antioxidant, detoxification and healthy brain support. No additional ingredients or fillers.
For over twenty years, Ayush Herbs has combined the ancient principles of Ayurvedic Medicine with the latest scientific technology to provide high quality herbal supplements that are formulated by Ayurvedic and Naturopathic physicians. Ayurvedic and Naturopathic physicians believe in supporting the health of the mind, body and spirit. Working with long-term sustainable farming practices and incorporating organic farming methods, Ayush Herbs is dedicated to living in harmony with the earth while creating products that concentrate on the source of illness and support the body’s innate wisdom to restore optimal health and balance.
All products are manufactured in ISO and GMP certified facilities using the highest quality control standards. All herbs are naturally grown, harvested and wild-crafted in the pristine foothills of the Himalayas. Ayush Herbs’ patented herbal extraction method uses state-of-the-art technology to obtain the maximum level of active principles. All products are produced under the supervision of biotechnologists and doctors, are tested for heavy metals to ensure purity and are third party tested to ensure potency and label verification.
Carditone contains a proprietary herbal blend traditionally used to provide cardiac, renal, blood pressure, and overall health support.
Amla Plex is a powerful immune enhancer formulated with standardized extracts of spices and herbs. This ancient formula is a rich source of vitamin C, bioflavonoids and tannins and has been traditionally used as a rejuvenative and an adaptogen.
Ashwagandha, also known as Indian ginseng, promotes overall physical and mental health. It is the most widely used of the Ayurvedic herbs for increased energy, longevity, immune support and healthy metabolism.
Bio Gymnema™ contains a blend of herbs, including holy basil, neem and bitter melon, which have been used for centuries to promote healthy blood sugar balance.
CoCurcumin w/CoQ10 Drink Mix provides nutritional and muscular support. This formula contains curcuminoids of turmeric, medium chain triglycerides from coconut and CoQ10.
Macuna Plus helps to maintain a healthy nervous system. This ancient Ayurvedic formula contains the seeds and roots of macuna pruriens, the precursor to dopamine, plus valerian and ashwangandha.
Wright Salt is a unique formulation for nutritional support of the cardiovascular system. Use as a replacement for table salt. Contains Iodine.
By Jacquie Eubanks BSN, RN
Click here to read Part I.
It’s clear that yoga is a valid exercise choice. Here are some very good reasons athletes should consider adding yoga to their exercise protocol:
- Injury prevention: Repetitive overuse of certain muscle groups will cause imbalances in strengthening and lengthening. Tighter muscles pull at the ligaments and joints which poses a greater risk of tearing. Flexible and pliable muscles reduce the risk of injury. Yoga works muscles around the joints creating better stability, mobility and fluidity and increasing your range of motion.
- Core strength: Core strengthening is one of the foundations of yoga. Stretching and strengthening of the abdominal, paraspinal and pelvic muscles helps maintain and support your natural stabilizing muscles, aiding injury prevention. Yoga can not only eliminate back pain and lighten the stress on your spine, it can restructure your body so your lower back curve is supported, healthy, and strong.
- Balance: Yoga helps to balance the body by paying special attention to symmetry. Specific poses train and use both sides of the body equally, helping to balance the entire nervous system. It helps to improve body alignment resulting in better posture and relief from back, neck and muscle tension.
- Mental focus: Yoga allows you to focus on the present, increases your awareness and improves coordination, reaction time and memory. You can adapt a yoga practice to be stimulating for energy or calming for tranquility, both of which are great for mental focus.
- Stress relief: Yoga teaches you to calm the mind and the nervous system while faced with stress and physical challenge. Athletes “in the zone” are in a state of complete surrender to mental focus, clarity and calmness of being that allows for optimal performance. Yoga is a great practice before and after any competition.
- Recovery time: Yoga has become a method of physical therapy for injury recovery and can also reduce post-workout recovery time. Doing a few yoga poses and some breath work can help move energy through the body, aiding in relief of sore energy-depleted muscles.
- Increased overall strength and flexibility: Yoga postures use all muscles of the body, helping to increase stamina and physical power. Yoga increases flexibility in the shortest amount of time as compared to other forms of exercise.
- Weight management: In addition to burning calories and reducing stress, yoga can help reduce cortisol levels, aiding in weight control. Unlike the tendency of other exercise to increase your appetite, yoga helps to balance your hormones so you’re less likely to suffer from uncontrollable cravings. Yoga’s mindful awareness may help you to reach for a salad as opposed to a less healthy choice.
- Endurance: Endurance can be measured by overall physical and psychological makeup especially in the body’s ability to withstand a tough competition or workout. Deep, mindful breathing can help improve your lung function and increase your oxygen intake. The counter-practice of yoga lessens the stress and strain of one way repetitive movements such as running, walking and cycling.
- Detoxification: In addition to stretching and sculpting your muscles, yoga massages your organs increasing blood supply to all areas of the body. Yogic breathing not only increases oxygen, it aids in carrying away waste. Many yoga poses are specifically designed to support the lymphatic system and aid in detoxification of the body.
Whether you are seeking a gentle class or are looking for a straight sweat session with no Sanskrit involved, there is a style and an instructor for you. A good thing to remember, a little Zen can go a long way toward improving your overall physical and mental states of health. It may even increase your zest for life as you continue your yoga practice well into your golden years.
Supplements to support physical and mental well being:
Ashwagandha by Ayush Herbs – Ashwagandha, also known as Indian ginseng, is indicated in Ayurveda as a daily rasayana or anti-aging aid. It is one of the most highly regarded and widely used Ayurvedic herbs and is believed to increase energy and overall health and longevity. It acts as an adaptogen and immune promoter, nourishing and strengthening the inner reserve of the human body. Ashwagandha literally means “to impart the strength of a horse.”
Stress Ease by Banyan Botanicals – Stress Ease helps the body cope with stress by supporting the resiliency and tone of the neuromuscular system. Unlike the temporary jolts and inevitable crashes experienced with caffeine and sugar, this blend of herbs strengthens the system to provide a sustained source of natural energy. Stress Ease bolsters one’s ability to surmount physical, mental and emotional challenges. Contains certified organically grown herbs.
Asian Green Tea by Jason Winters International – Sir Jason Winters calls this superior blend of green tea “Chao Phrya Tea,” named after the mighty river upon which the tea barges sailed. Chao Phrya means “the river of the kings,” and villagers in the river valley say their special green tea is “as emerald as the mountains rising in early morning mist.”
Body Regenerator by Amrita Aromatherapy – This product is intended to support the body’s natural healing processes, aid in regenerating healthy muscle and nerve tissue and strengthen and enhance the mind/body connection. With herbal extracts, essential oils and flower essences.
PureLean Nutrients by Pure Encapsulations – PureLean™ Nutrients is designed to provide metabolic and weight management support as part of a healthy lifestyle along with a reduced calorie diet and regular exercise. It is a complete hypo-allergenic, highly bioavailable multi-vitamin, multi-mineral and trace element supplement. The formula combines superior mineral cofactors, activated vitamins, antioxidants, amino acids, cinnamon, green tea and pterostilbene to support healthy glucose metabolism, lipid utilization and body composition.
Posted in Health & Wellness, Home
Tagged Amrita Aromatherapy, Ashwagandha, Asian Green Tea, Ayush Herbs, Banyan Botanicals, Body Regenerator, Jason Winters International, Professional Supplement Center, Pure Encapsulations, PureLean Nutrients, Stress Ease, yoga