There’s nothing better than spending a perfect spring, summer, or early fall day exploring the outdoors. But while there are endless benefits and positives to being active, there is one potential downside: parasites.
Humans and animals can be affected negatively by fleas and ticks, and intestinal parasites such as tapeworms, roundworms, and flatworms.
After spending a day outdoors, especially if you’ve been in grassy or wooded areas; on walks with a pet, walking barefoot, or in a developing country where parasitic infections may be more common, there are parasite cleaning products that may help to give you confidence in your health each day.
Learn more about the following five parasite cleaning products from Allergy Research Group, BioMatrix, Nutritional Frontiers, Bio-Nutritional Formulas, and DaVinci Laboratories of Vermont.
5 Parasite Cleaning Products to Try After Being Active Outdoors
PhytoArtemisinin – Allergy Research Group
PhytoArtemisinin from Allergy Research Group is a dietary supplement that combines phytosaponins with pure artemisinin (Qinghaosu), the active constituent of the Artemisia annua (sweet wormwood).
According to the Journal of Experimental and Therapeutic Medicine, Artemisia extract is “anti-allergy medicine, which has been proposed as a treatment of disease due to its speculated anti-illness effects, limited side effects and low cost.” Recent studies show that this extract is a “physiologically active traditional medicine, with anti-allergic, anti-oxidative and anti-inflammatory effects.”
Ongoing preliminary research also suggests that “Artemisia extract pretreatment is capable of reducing the systemic anaphylactic shock, histamine release, scratching behavior and vascular permeability” following an induced allergic reaction.
Paracid-X – BioMatrix
Paracid-X from BioMatrix is a comprehensive supplement that supports parasite cleansing. Each capsule is formulated to be free of allergens, and includes active ingredients that include sweet wormwood, olive leaf, black walnut hulls, berberine, and artemisinin.
ParaCleanse – Nutritional Frontiers
ParaCleanse from Nutritional Frontiers is a dietary supplement that not only seeks to support the detoxification process in response to parasites in a healthy digestive tract, but that also supports the immune system and gastrointestinal (GI) tract functions. ParaCleanse Advanced Para Formula is derived from a blend of plant extracts, including:
- Olive leaf extract provides antioxidant and immune support.
- Wormwood and pau d’arco supports digestive, respiratory, immune, and circulatory system health, as well as supporting healthy cell functions may support the regulation of inflammatory processes in the immune system.
- Grapefruit seed extract helps maintain a healthy balance of beneficial bacteria in the digestive tract.
- Black cumin seed and garlic extract support circulatory and respiratory functions.
- Black walnut green hull that supports cell function and tissue.
Clarkia 100 – Bio-Nutritional Formulas
Clarkia 100 by Bio-Nutritional Formulas is an intestinal and liver supplement with anti-parasitic power. This handcrafted herbal tincture formula contains the herbs wormwood, clove buds, and fresh green-black walnut hulls; in combination, these three herbs may help to kill internal parasites at both the egg and adult stages.
Vira-Shield – DaVinci Laboratories of Vermont
Vira-Shield from DaVinci Laboratories of Vermont, formerly known as Para-Shield, works as a parasite cleanser. It supports parasite cleansing and a healthy gastrointestinal tract. The herb and plant extracts supports the body’s ability to eliminate unwanted microorganisms, while also helping to maintain proper immune system and gastrointestinal tract functions. The herb and plant extracts it contains include:
- Olive leaf extract with antioxidants that support immune system functions. Olive leaf extract has traditionally been used in natural or complementary medicine to help the body eliminate unwanted microorganisms.
- Wormwood (Artemesia annua) and pau d’arco supports healthy digestive, respiratory, immune, and circulatory system functioning. Wormwood and pau d’arco also helps decrease levels of unwanted microorganisms within the body, supports detoxification, and may help to support cellular functioning and the regulation of internal processes within the normal range.
- Grapefruit seed extract helps expel unwanted microorganisms like bacteria, protozoa, viruses, and fungus from the body, while also assisting the body in maintaining healthy gut bacteria levels.
- Black cumin seed and garlic extract helps to eliminate pathogens and parasites from the digestive tract while also helping to support healthy circulatory, gut, respiratory, immune, and detoxification processes.
- Black walnut green hull supports normal cell functioning and contains tannins that have an astringent effect on mucosal tissue. Astringents include calamine lotion, witch hazel, and yerba mansa – these cause body tissue to tighten and constrict. Mild astringents are often used to reduce nasal secretions, as well as to relieve minor skin irritations from allergies, insect bites, and some fungal infections.
What parasite cleaning products do you turn to after being active outdoors?