A vitamin C detoxification can give your immune system the boost it needs to stay healthy and fight off any nasty viruses that might be lurking around. But, there is a right way, and a wrong way to go about doing one. Here’s what you need to know…
What is a Vitamin C Detoxification?
A Vitamin C detoxification is also sometimes called an ascorbate cleanse. The idea is to flush your system of unwanted toxins by introducing high levels of vitamin C (or ascorbate acid) into your diet for a specific amount of time. The buildup causes a watery stool, effectively cleansing the digestive system.
Vitamin C Detoxification Benefits
There are many benefits to a vitamin C detoxification. Vitamin C is a crucial nutrient for our immune systems, and more. Some of the benefits include:
- Feeling Refreshed and Energized
- Helps Skin Look Young and Fresh
- Detoxing Your Bowels
- Helps the Body Fight off Infection
- Helps Regulate Blood Sugar Levels
- Helps Us Absorb Crucial Vitamins and Minerals
How to Perform a Vitamin C Detoxification
If you determine that a vitamin C detoxification is right for you, make sure you study up on how to do it correctly. Not all supplements are created equal, so it’s important that you use a high quality supplement from a trusted supplier. Here’s what you need to do:
- Choose a day where you can stay at home the entire time. You’ll need to stay near the bathroom.
- Eat small meals throughout the day while you are detoxifying. Some people choose to just drink water and not eat at all. Choose the method that suits you best.
- A high quality powdered vitamin C supplement is best for the cleanse. We suggest Adrenal Cocktail Plus Wholefood Vitamin C Powder by Jigsaw Health, or try Truly Natural Vitamin C by HealthForce SuperFoods. Start with ½ tsp of powder mixed with three ounces of water. Drink the mixture every 30 minutes until you experience a watery diarrhea (has to be watery, not just a loose stool). It’s important to keep track of how much vitamin C you consume during the cleanse.
- Determine how much of the supplement you needed to take to induce the flushing response. This will tell you how much vitamin C you need to take on a regular basis. To figure the number out, you simply take the total amount of vitamin C you used and multiply it by .75. That’s how much of the supplement you should be taking on a daily basis, split up in doses.
So, now that you know how to perform a vitamin C detoxification, are you up for it? As with any cleansing program, you should consult your doctor first to make sure it’s right for you. But, for most healthy adults, there is very little risk to doing this type of cleanse, plus it’s easy! Good luck!
Professional Supplement Center now carries Herbal Zap, a line of instantly dissolving Ayurvedic beverages that support immune health, digestive heath and detoxification. Herbal Zap works with leading Ayurvedic doctors and small family farmers to produce sustainable and ethically sourced products. Their mission has always been to supply effective, easy-to-use products that support not only health and wellness of their customers, but provide fair trade wages and a healthy working environment for their producers. To ensure long-term stability of their Ayurvedic drink mixes, Herbal Zap is committed to using ethically purchased and responsibly produced ingredients of the highest quality.
Herbs are grown by small rural farmers in Sri Lanka without the use of herbicides or pesticides. All products are produced according to Ayurvedic guidelines for healthy living and well as therapeutic measures that aim to create balance and harmony in all aspects of life. Products are produced in an FDA-registered and certified facility with strict adherence to good manufacturing practices (GMPs). All ingredients are third party tested to ensure purity and safety. All formulas are Non-GMO Project Verified.
Herbal Zap Party Detox – Just in time for holidays, this perfect morning after remedy provides soothing digestive and whole body detoxification support. Try this blend anytime lack of sleep or overindulgence in food or drink leaves you feeling a bit bogged down. This Ayurvedic herbal drink is formulated with just a bit of natural cane sugar as a carrier for the herbal extracts. May be enjoyed hot or cold with water or beverage of choice. Ten individual serving packets per box. Gluten free, Non-GMO, kosher vegan formulation.
Herbal Zap Digestive – This ancient Ayurvedic herbal blend for provides cool, calming, nourishing and soothing digestive support. This product supplies 4 traditional Ayurvedic herbs used for centuries to support healthy digestion, a healthy inflammatory response and provide antioxidant support. May be enjoyed hot or cold with water or beverage of choice. Ten individual serving packets per box. Naturally sweetened with cane sugar. Gluten free, Non-GMO, kosher vegan formulation.
Herbal Zap Immune Support – This immune supportive beverage was developed by Ayurvedic physicians using a blend of 14 powerful herbal extracts. Instantly dissolving, this zesty beverage boosts immune function, promotes toxin elimination, aids digestion, and supports the respiratory system. May be enjoyed hot or cold with water or beverage of choice. Ten individual serving packets per box. Naturally sweetened with cane sugar. Gluten free, Non-GMO, kosher vegan formulation.