We don’t have to tell you how important your eyes are. Without them, your world would be a vastly different place. So, it’s important that you are being proactive about protecting them, especially if you have a job that can put them at risk. Today, let’s talk about some workplace safety tips that will help prevent eye injuries.
Common Eye Injuries
Did you know that more than 700,000 Americans suffer an eye injury at work every year? That’s a sobering thought, considering that about 90 percent of all eye injuries in the workplace can be avoided with some simple workplace safety tips. Here is a list of the most common eye injuries that you should be aware of:
- Chemical Burns
- Foreign Object Punctures
- Scratched Corneas
- Grease or Oil Burns
- Steam Burns
- Radiation Exposure
Workplace Safety Tips
Eye injuries are serious, they can cause loss of vision or even total blindness. But, with the proper precautions, eye injuries can be avoided almost completely. Here’s what you need to know.
- Always use adequate eye safety glasses or goggles depending on the job you are performing. You should check with your supervisor before starting work to see what type of eye protection they recommend.
- Look around your work area and be aware of any safety hazards that could cause injury to your eyes.
- Receive training on how to use the eyewash station and know where the closest station is to your work zone.
- Be proactive by keeping your eyes strong and healthy through proper diet and supplements such as Lutein/Zeaxanthin by trusted brands such as Pure Encapsulations.
- Routinely see an eye doctor for exams to chart any loss of vision.
- Clear your eyes of any obstructions such as floaters that can reduce your field of vision. To help manage this health issue, try Floater Eye Pellets by Natural Ophlamics.
- Always wear any prescription eye glasses or contacts when working.
Preventing eye injuries isn’t hard if you follow these simple workplace safety tips. It’s important to take the health of your eyes seriously, not just when you’re at work, but all the time. Focus on a healthy diet that supports eye health, and seek out eye strengthening supplements such as Eye Renew by Professional Complementary Health Formulas for extra support. Good luck and stay safe!