Want healthier skin? You don’t have to go to extremes to get it. In fact, it’s pretty simple. Look for products containing vitamin C serum and collagen, and the rest will pretty much take care of itself. We’ll tell you why.
Vitamin C Serum
Vitamin C serums are skin care products that are infused with vitamin C. They are applied topically to your skin, and usually packaged as a gel or lotion so they are highly moisturizing. Here are just a few other reasons why a vitamin C serum like Vitamin C Concentrated Serum by Derma E might be good choice for your skin:
- It’s an Antioxidant – That means it can help reverse skin damage caused by the sun and other environmental hazards such as chemicals and pollution.
- Added Sun Protection – If you use a vitamin C serum along with your sunscreen, it will increase your protection from harmful UV rays.
- Reduces Inflammation – Vitamin C serums help calm inflammation that causes redness. It can also help even skin tone caused by hyperpigmentation.
- Protects Against Premature Aging – Vitamin C encourages new cell growth, including collagen which help keep your skin looking plump and youthful.
Collagen is an important protein found in your bones, muscles, tendons, ligaments, skin, and hair. You can find collagen supplements in a variety of options including powders such as Collagen Peptides by Vital Proteins, capsules such as Collagen JS 1000 mg by Pure Encapsulations, and topical skin products such as Collagen HA Triple Boost Face Serum by Hyalogic. You’ve probably heard about the advantages of using collagen supplements for your skin, here are just a few:
- Overall Skin Health – Studies show that collagen supplements can help boost your overall skin health and appearance. Many say they notice that their skin feels more moisturized and looks healthier.
- May Prevent Acne – There is some research to support the claim that collagen supplements may prevent skin conditions, such as acne.
- Helps Build Structure – Collagen is what helps support our skin’s structure. As we age, we begin to lose collagen, which can be seen when our skin starts to sag. Taking collagen supplements can help your body build back up its reserves, resulting in plumper, more youthful looking skin.
If you’re serious about improving the overall look and health of your skin, vitamin C serums and collagen supplements are a great place to start. Neither require invasive therapies, and they have proven track records for visible results. See what they can do for you!